Check out the nation’s first mental health screening tool launched here in Philly.
Philadelphia’s Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) program has certified over 5,500 since its inception in Jan. 2012
Dr. Evans makes opening remarks at the launch of the first-ever mental health screening tool.
"The Time is Now" Project Aware is a SAMHSA Grant opportunity. Its purpose is to:
- Build and expand the capacity of state educational agencies
- Increase awareness of mental health issues among school-aged youth,
- Provide training for school personnel and other adults who interact with school-aged youth
- Detect and respond to mental health issues in children and young adults
- Connect children, youth, and families who may have behavioral health issues with appropriate services.
Anticipated Award Amount: Up to $1.95 million/year
Submission deadline: June 16, 2014