Our Chat Line operates from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday. To access the mental health support chatline, kindly click on the designated button located on the right side of our webpage, and our peer specialist will be readily available to offer assistance. Rest assured, conversations can be anonymous and are handled with the utmost confidentiality.
The City of Philadelphia, through DBHIDS, operates a 24-hour telephone hotline to assist people and their families dealing with behavioral health emergencies: (215) 685-6440
Mental Health Delegates who answer calls can assist with:
- Mobile Emergency Team Dispatch
- Crisis Response Centers-location and information
- Involuntary Mental Health Commitments
- Consultation, emergency support and technical advice
Philadelphia residents can call if they (or someone they know):
- Are suffering from depression
- Have feelings or thoughts of wanting to harm themselves or others
- Have feelings of hopelessness
- Are having difficulty dealing with life stresses
- Suffer from intense anger or other emotional or substance abuse crises
Compassionate, trained professionals are available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. Callers will receive counseling, guidance and direction for receiving prompt evaluation and treatment services.
For non-emergency calls you can contact the Philadelphia Warm-line: 1-855-507-9276
*Available Monday through Friday, 4PM to 7PM
Feeling lonely or isolated? Now you can talk with trained Certified Peer Specialists, caring and friendly peers who are sincere and non-judgmental. Sometimes it helps to talk to a person who understands first-hand what you are going through.
Struggling with anxiety or overwhelming emotions due to COVID-19? Call the Support & Referral Helpline at 1-855-284-2494. ️ The helpline is available 24/7 to listen and refer to community-based resources that can further help to meet individual needs. For TTY, dial 724-631-5600.
Need to talk to someone about treatment or service for mental health or addiction challenges?
Call CBH Member Services: 1-888-545-2600.