CELEBRATING SISTERHOOD Presents SHE SHINES CONFERENCE
Theme: SHE STILL SHINES! *
SHE SHINES CONFERENCE MISSION:
“To empower you spiritually, inform you intellectually, inspire you with hope and determination, and motivate you with drive and renewed strength to stand bold in your purpose and live out your faith in this ever-changing world.” (A.R. Bernard)
SHE SHINES! is a women’s conference specially designed for black women. The purpose of this conference is to mobilize, empower, engage, enrich, and inspire a collective network of women from various walks of life and diverse experiences. SHE SHINES, as she embraces her culture while aspiring to live a thriving, God-inspired purposeful life in her home, workplace, community, houses of worship, and in the public sphere.
Our three-word purpose statement: Inspire, Hope, and Shine motivates us to uplift and celebrate sisterhood.
2021 CONFERENCE PURPOSE:
Excite and energize the consciousness of women by:
(1) Validating the importance of self-care, meaningful relationships, and the benefits of balancing life, work, and productivity.
(2) Heightening attendees’ awareness about civic participation, activism, and mobilizing women to collectively use and exercise their power and voice in the public square.
(3) Encouraging and supporting women to pursue and serve in key leadership positions in various professions, industries, communities, and government sectors; and
(4) Assessing the intersectionality of faith, values, ethics, and principles in the workplace and communities.
To mobilize, empower, and inspire women to:
• See beyond the impossibilities and to visualize the insurmountable opportunities that lies beyond her current circumstances and barriers.
• Highlight and emphasize that she is endowed with strength, power, creativity, humor, and intellect.
• Insulate her heart with God’s love, her mind with knowledge, and her body with energy and strength for her journey.
• Never compromise her convictions, morals, principles, and ethics which will only lead to one’s demise; but rather nourish her spirit and soul with that which brings forth life!
• Embrace her distinct culture and unique body image and likeness that is wonderfully made by God.
WE HOST THIS CONFERENCE TO:
Equip women with the knowledge, resources, and tools needed to enhance our lives and to engage our communities.
This conference is designed to: empower, encourage, and nurture women as they thrive and SHINES in various spaces and places where they occupy.
Our two-prong approach starts from within and then outward:
• (INSIDE) – Focus on personal and spiritual development by assessing the intersection of faith, values, and character.
• (OUTSIDE) – Encourage, empower, and inspire women to utilize their time, talent, treasury, and voice to impact and enhance our communities – where we live, work, socialize, and worship.
We encourage women to exercise the power of their faith, use their voice, and be present.