- This event has passed.
Recognizing Exposure to Domestic Violence in the Children You Work With
October 28 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
As part of Philadelphia’s Domestic Violence Awareness Month events, the Latina Domestic Violence Program at Congreso is offering a free one-time workshop for professionals who work with children and families. This will be of particular interest to teachers, childcare workers, child welfare workers, and other professionals who help to raise healthy children.
1. Domestic Violence Defined
- A concise definition and examples of how it manifests in relationships and its impact on the family dynamic
- Root cause: Dispelling the myths
- Understanding the verbiage and why it’s important
2. Barriers to Leaving an Abusive Relationship: Reframing the Discussion
- Context and insight for tailoring interventions that are safe, meaningful and sustainable.
3. The Impact of Childhood Exposure
- Mitigating Strategies for Professionals to Consider
4. Helpful Community Resources