- This event has passed.
Community-Based Strategies for Suicide Prevention Among Older Adults
September 28 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
In recognition of Suicide Prevention Awareness Month, join us for a discussion of community-based strategies to support older adults in managing mental health. This webinar will discuss the prevalence of suicide among older adults as well as the unique risk factors present for an aging population both before and during the COVID-19 pandemic. Speakers will highlight two community-based interventions, including one focused on training meal delivery providers in suicide first aid and another on implementing the evidence-based Program to Encourage Active, Rewarding Lives (PEARLS) in collaboration with clinical partners.
• Laura R. Shannonhouse, Georgia State University
• Mary Chase Breedlove Mize, Georgia State University
• Matthew Fullen, Virginia Tech
• Leigh Ann Eagle, Maryland Living Well Center of Excellence – MAC, Inc.
• Sue Lachenmayr, Maryland Living Well Center of Excellence – MAC, Inc.