- This event has passed.
19th Employment Supports Symposium (Day 1)
May 22, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Registration is now open for the 19th Employment Supports Symposium: NOW Is the Time to Make Employment Happen!
…and is proving, yet again, to be a dynamic and must-attend event!
Who should attend? Everyone!
This Symposium is for all those interested in supporting people with disabilities in finding and maintaining paid employment, and advancing the values and vision of Employment 1st! This includes employers, job coaches, employment specialists, people with disabilities, family members, administrators, and Supports Coordinators / case management staff across all disabilities, and interested others!
Symposium Day 1 – May 22, 2019 – 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Keynote: “Work is Everyone’s Business!” (Carol Blessing, LMSW, Cornell University Yan-Tan Institute, School of Industrial and Labor Relations)
- “Employment 1st Pennsylvania Updates and Perspectives” (Kristin Ahrens Deputy Secretary, Pennsylvania Office of Developmental Programs)
- “Dealing with Tough Questions Around Work Incentives” (Michael Walling, M.Ed., Benefits Training and Consulting)
- “Family Stories of Employment Success” (Diane Perry and PEAL Center Representatives)
- “Building an Awesome Life”
- “Using Social Media Branding to Further Your Career” (Imani Barbarin)
- Cocktail Reception & “Painting with a Twist” (4:30 – 6:00 p.m.)
- Zen Space
- …and more!
**Continental breakfast will be provided. Lunch is on your own.**
Symposium Day 2 – May 23, 2019 – 9:00 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
- Keynote: “ A Trauma-informed Approach to Successful Employment” (Beth Barol, PhD, Widener University)
- Employment Professional Appreciation Day – Let’s Recognize and Celebrate the Role of Employment Supporters!
- “Using Evidence-Based Practice Supported Employment to Secure Work for Individuals with Serious Mental Illness” (Randy Loss, OMHSAS)
- “Discovery and Customized Employment” (Arc of Pennsylvania)
- “The Value of Residential Supports in Employment” (KenCrest)
- Entrepreneur Think Tank and Poster Session
- Zen Space
- …and more
**Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.**
- Continental breakfast will be provided each day. Lunch will be provided for the pre-symposium day as well as Day 2 of the Symposium. Lunch is on your own for Day 1 (5/22/19). There are a large variety of nearby and affordable eateries to entice your tastebuds!
- The pre-symposium day will run from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Doors open at 9:00 a.m.
- Day 1 of the Symposium on 5/22/19 will run from 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Cocktail reception & “Painting with a Twist” is from 4:30 – 6:00 p.m. Doors open at 7:30 a.m.
- Day 2 of the Symposium on 5/23/19 will run from 9:00 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. Doors open at 7:30 a.m.
- A limited number of scholarships are available. Please inquire for further details.
- For information about hotels near this event, contact Doris Kalina at 610.482.4918 or by email -firstname.lastname@example.org