Healthy Minds Philly®
Learn to identify, understand, and respond to signs of behavioral health challenges or crises.
If you feel sad, anxious or stressed, this screening tool can help you decide if you need further help.
Find awareness events, screenings or trainings, post your own event to the calendar, or request event support from DBHIDS.
Healthy Minds Philly offers tools and resources to support and improve the mental health and wellbeing of all Philadelphians. Healthy Minds Philly is an initiative of DBHIDS
Thoughts from our community Commissioner’s Notes
- 2019’s Problem Gambling Awareness Month (PGAM) theme is “Awareness + Action” #AwarenessPlusAction To help raise awareness of problem gambling, we’re sharing some Frequently Asked Questions from the National Council on Problem Gambling: WHAT IS PROBLEM GAMBLING? Problem gambling–or gambling addiction–includes all gambling behavior patterns that compromise, disrupt or damage personal, family or vocational pursuits. The […]Read More »
- Upcoming holidays like Mardi Gras and St. Patrick’s Day, that are often associated with alcohol, can pose a challenge to people in recovery, as well as to those who are avoiding alcohol for a variety of reasons (i.e., diabetes, depression, pregnancy, taking medication.) With alcohol and tobacco use being the two most common substance use […]Read More »
- National Eating Disorders Awareness week starts February 25th and the theme this year is “Come As You Are” which highlights the movement toward inclusivity of all individuals and communities who are affected by eating disorders. Eating Disorders Awareness week is an opportunity to start the conversation around eating disorders, to learn, connect with others, share […]Read More »
- The American Gaming Association estimates 22.7 million Americans plan to wager in this year’s Super Bowl between the Los Angeles Rams vs. the New England Patriots. The biggest foreseen problem is that many of those people will place bets illegally through bookies or online offshore sports book. There are three common types of gamblers – the […]Read More »
- Teen dating violence is remarkably common, yet it is rarely discussed. According to national statistics, 1 in 3 girls in the U.S. will experience some sort of dating violence, according to the National Youth Risk Behavior Survey. What you can do If you are worried about a friend or family member, here are some tips to […]Read More »