Healthy Minds Philly®
Learn to identify, understand, and respond to signs of behavioral health challenges or crises.
If you feel sad, anxious or stressed, this screening tool can help you decide if you need further help.
Find awareness events, screenings or trainings, post your own event to the calendar, or request event support from DBHIDS.
Healthy Minds Philly offers tools and resources to support and improve the mental health and wellbeing of all Philadelphians. Healthy Minds Philly is an initiative of DBHIDS
Thoughts from our community Commissioner’s Notes
- We met when I was 16 years old, and nearly 20 years and several serious relationships later, he remains the love of my life. His smile, his sense of humor, and his ever-giving selflessness are what I loved the most about him. Drugs took that all away. Early on, I wasn’t as concerned about his […]Read More »
- Author: Laure Biron, MSS, LSW, is the Porch Light Program Director for Mural Arts Philadelphia. Also a practicing psychotherapist, she has worked for Mural Arts since 2008, beginning in the Art Education department and working additionally in Restorative Justice, Special Projects, and currently, the Porch Light Program At Mural Arts, we believe that hands-on art-making […]Read More »
- Happy Nurse’s Week to all of my fellow nurses out there! I am very proud to be a nurse. It’s an amazing profession. Nursing is more than a job, though; it is a calling. It’s not just something you do, it is something you are; so it can be hard to maintain a level of […]Read More »
- This week we celebrate Earth Day and Arbor Day, and there’s no better way to celebrate these holidays than by getting your hands dirty. Gardening engages you physically, mentally, and socially. Health benefits are numerous and you don’t need to live in the suburbs or the country to experience gardening and its benefits. Gardening can […]Read More »
- Since 1992 The Health Resource Network (HRN) has sponsored Stress Awareness Month in April, with National Stress Awareness Day observed on April 16th. Stress affects all of us, so take this time to learn how to identify your stressors and familiarize yourself with the tools for coping with stress. Kinds of Stress There are two […]Read More »