Healthy Minds Philly®
Learn to identify, understand, and respond to signs of behavioral health challenges or crises.
If you feel sad, anxious or stressed, this screening tool can help you decide if you need further help.
Find awareness events, screenings or trainings, post your own event to the calendar, or request event support from DBHIDS.
Healthy Minds Philly offers tools and resources to support and improve the mental health and wellbeing of all Philadelphians. Healthy Minds Philly is an initiative of DBHIDS
Thoughts from our community Commissioner’s Notes
- February is Dating Violence Awareness Month & 2020 marks the 10th anniversary of efforts to end Dating Violence. Enough is enough! Everyone deserves healthy relationships. We can influence change in how we treat our partners and how we respond to acts of abuse. Take ACTION and put an END to Dating Violence. Teen dating violence […]Read More »
- Employee stress is a growing concern for businesses today. According to the American Institute of Stress, stress in the workplace can lead to: Mistakes and lack of concentration Decreased productivity, especially with absenteeism and “presenteeism” Disengagement and turnover Inflammation and chronic disease There is a lot that business owners and managers can do to help […]Read More »
- In memory of loved ones lost to acts of anti-transgender violence. Transgender Day of Remembrance (TDOR) is an annual observance on November 20 that honors the memory of those whose lives were lost in acts of anti-transgender violence. Additionally, during the week of November 13-19, people and organizations around the country participate in Transgender Awareness […]Read More »
- E-cigs. E-hookahs. Mods. Pens. Vapes. Whatever the name, e-cigarettes are not safe. Electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS) contain nicotine, which is highly addictive. E-cigarette use among youth was recently declared an epidemic by the U.S. Surgeon General. Some e-cigarettes look like regular cigarettes, cigars or pipes. Some e-cigarettes look like pens, USB sticks, or other […]Read More »
- October 26th is National Take Back Day. Too often, unused prescription drugs find their way into the wrong hands. That’s dangerous and often tragic. That’s why it was great to see thousands of people across the country clean out their medicine cabinets and turn in their prescription drugs. National Take Back Day allows you to […]Read More »